Sunday, June 3, 2007

May's events

Well it is now June and I figured I might as well get on here and tell whoever wanted to know what has happened in the month of May. It started off "alright" and has been "okay" every since. Some of the highlights have been some travels and events.
First event that comes to mind is going to Memphis for a hiring conference. I went with my boss and a few other people. Had some great food ( stuffed trout, key lime pie, BBQ, oysters, squid and shrimp) down on Beale St. That made up for the 9 hour drive, but got caught up on how our company runs from the boss. The trip back on Thursday night was a little rougher. We got in safely and I got to bed at 0500 only to get up at o600 to pack and get ready for me and my son to go to Michigan. Packed up the cabinets for her new room and waited for him to finish his test in english. I was "good" at school walking around to stay awake.
On the road at 1030 and arrived after a 5 hour drive at Mom and Dads. We had a pretty good time driving, listening to the music, and sigining our way through Chicago and across Michigan. Got to grandmas house and saw the scars from the double knee replacement. She was getting around well though. We unpacked and off to see Pawpaw, he recognized us even from not seeing Cam in about 1year or more.
The visit was what I needed to just get away and talk with mom, while playing many games of Skipbo throughout the night. We had some good enlightening conversation, even if I was somewhat out of it from sleep deprevation. Dad was looking to do some golfing, but that will have to wait until next time the weather did not hold out for us.
Dug up some ferns from moms fern garden. Brought back enough for me and one of my friends, who had asked for them sometime ago. Sorry so late, but better late than never. I hope they do well next year. Caused a lil trouble, but it is all good.
Since being back saw the Graduating class at LCBS. Looked like a great group of kids! My prayers are with them as they go out in to the world to begin thier new lives. Went to some of the open houses, which also turned bad, but I am getting used to it.
Cam has been practicing with his new compound bow, without sights os he can just shoot naturally. He practices everday adn is beginning to get a good pattern down. Probably be ready for sights be the middle of summer. Looking to get into hunter safety this fall.
Well there are some of the highlights for now. I don't want to bore everyone with all of this.
I hope and pray each of you have a great summer, you will all be in my prayers. Keep blogging they all make me smile:) Look forward to reading each of them.